Chairman: Nigel Barham (GAB Robins)
The group aims to:
- Provide guidance on FSA (Financial Conduct Authority) requirements and TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) as applied to subsidence
- Complile and distribute useful notes and guidelines on customer service matters that will assist members
- Be a focal point for customer issues through the website, subsidence guides, training days etc
- Encourage feedback on customer matters and disseminate same to members i.e share ideas and best practice
The members of the group are:
David Rosenfield (Redrose)
Mark Briggs (OCA Ltd)
Mike Mortished (Ageas Insurance)
Robert Camilleri (Profix Construction)
Roger Bulkeley (UK Drainage Network)
Ruth Day (LV=)
Terry Mitchell (Coloration 2000)
Tim Field (CAE Group)
Trevor Barfoot (Olympus Construction)
If you wish to join the group please email us with your details click here
To View the report from the last Customer Focus meeting pleaseclick here
The FCA is one of two new regulators that, as of 1 April 2013, have taken over the work of the Financial Services Authority FSA.
It works alongside the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), part of the Bank of England, whose role is to promote the safety and soundness of financial firms. For more information see www.bankofengland.co.uk/pra/
The FCA is responsible for the conduct regulation of all financial services firms. This includes ensuring that consumers get a fair deal. For more information see www.fca.org.uk/
It has one main objective: to protect and enhance confidence in the UK financial services system.
This objective is supported by three other aims that relate to:
* Consumer protection.
* Efficiency and choice.
The FCA has made it clear that it is introducing a new culture and to this end has promised it will:
* Look forward and react quickly.
* Use its new research department to focus on firm, sector or market specific issues.
* Have a greater supervisory influence.
* Spot problems earlier.
* Keep Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) high on the agenda.
One immediate change is the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) will become part of the FCA.
SUBS FORUM NEWS
TRAINING DAY 2016 - This was held on 20 October, BRE Watford - presentations will be uploaded shortly
DISSERTATION INITIATIVE - Congratulations to Robert Orr from Portsmouth University who won the Subsidence Forum Dissertation Prize 2016- see the Latest News page.
CURRENT AFFAIRS MEETING 2016 - The last meeting was held on 1 September, BRE Watford details at More info on Events & Seminars
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE 2015 - 2017 To view click here
SUBSIDENCE HANDBOOK – A Practical Guide to subsidence in domestic property - 4th Edition available at a cost of £12.95 (inc p&p)